A practical and theory workshop covering the importance of understanding emotional states in behaviour issues and how to address them. This workshop will focus on fear issues.
This workshop will cover:
- What are emotional states?
- How can these be detrimental?
- Using the correct terminology.
- Practical application of learning theory.
- Issues with non-evidence-based methods.
- Medical aspects.
- Practical rehabilitation.
Desensitisation and Counterconditioning:
- Differences between.
- What it is/what it isn’t.
- When and when not to apply.
- What foundations need to be in place before carrying it out?
- Correct applications.
Working places are available for 4 to 6 demo dogs:
- If you have a fearful dog and want him/her to take part, please contact us after booking.
- Alternatively, you are welcome to put a client or friend’s dog forward.
- Dogs must be manageable and safe enough to take part in a demo.
- Only dogs taking part in the demos will be allowed on site.
12 Places Only
Please note that you are not required to bring a dog but you can apply to bring a demo dog to take part if you wish. There are no handlers or observer places as such. There are 12 places with the option for 4-6 people to put a dog forward for the demos.