Doggy Mince pies
To make 8 mince doggy mince pies which are safe to eat for your dog(s)…
You will need:
- Muffin tray
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Cutters
- 400g turkey mince
- 1 tbsb chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp turmeric (or ginger)
To make the pastry:
- 200g plain flour
- 100ml sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 1 egg [beaten]
- 50gm grated cheddar (or similar)
To make the pies:
- In a bowl, add the turkey mince, add the chopped parsley and turmeric or ginger. Mix thoroughly.
- Make the pastry by mixing flour, oil, grated cheese and beaten egg
- Knead all ingredients then roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Use the cookie cutter to make bases and lids.
- Lightly rub oil into the base of the muffin tray, then place and press down a dough base in each section.
- Add a large teaspoon of turkey mixture into each base.
- Moisten the edge of a dough lid with water, then join with the bases and press the edges together
- Pierce the top of each pie with a fork and any [doggy safe] added decorations.
- Lightly brush some water on each pies.
- Cook the pies in the centre of the oven at ~ 170-180C for 30 minutes.
- If your dog has any food allergy, be sure to avoid or substitute any allergen.
- Ensure the mince pies are cool enough before giving to your dog(s).
Remember ordinary mince pies containing raisins, currants, alcohol, etc. are not safe for your dog.